HELB awards partial scholarships to Kenyans pursuing postgraduate programs (Masters or Ph.D.) in local Public or Private Universities recognized by the Commission for University Education (CUE).
The value of the scholarship award is Ksh200,000 and Ksh450,000 for Masters and Ph.D. programmes respectively, tenable for 2 years in respect of the Master’s Programme and 3 years for the Ph.D.
Eligibility Requirements for the HELB Postgraduate Scholarship
- Letter of Admission into a full or part-time Postgraduate university program
- Minimum undergraduate qualification of Second-Class Honors, Upper Division.
- Reporting for the first year of study
- Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Innovation, and Fisheries [STEM IF] and those courses which will directly contribute to the “Big Four Agenda”
- If the applicant is a previous or current HELB loan beneficiary, the applicant MUST be repaying his/her loan or has cleared the loan.
The HELB Postgraduate Scholarship application form is accessible from the Student Portal upon registration.
How to Apply for HELB Postgraduate Scholarship
- The applicant should register, access, and duly complete the Postgraduate Scholarship Application (PGSA). The application is accessible through the Student Portal.
- After filling in the required application details, click and submit the duly completed application then download and print the PGSA.
- Proceed to have the PGSA duly signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist.
- Scan the filled PGSA and all the attachments in PDF format as one document.
- Send the scanned PDF copy to email@example.com
What to Note Before Applying for HELB Postgraduate Scholarship
- Geographical distribution and gender are considered during the Scholarship Award.
- Applicants from marginalized regions are highly encouraged to apply.
- The applicant shall be prompted to pay a application fee of Ksh3,000 via M-PESA once they click on the payment tab on the portal.
- Do not pay any individual to process your Postgraduate Scholarship Application.
- Postgraduate Scholarship Application deadlines are typically on the 31st of August each year.