The Ministry of Education, is providing secondary school education scholarships for learners in all 47 counties (including those in informal settlements in fifteen (15) urban areas).
The program, dubbed Elimu Scholarships, that has been in existence since 2020, is supported by the World Bank-funded Secondary Education Quality Improvement Project (SEQIP) and implemented by Equity Bank.
It is open to all underprivileged and vulnerable students who scored 280 or higher on the KCPE in 2022.
Candidates who are orphans, have special needs or impairments, and have less than 280 marks may be considered for affirmative action.
Refugee girls and boys from camp-based schools with a minimum of 240 and 250 marks respectively may also be considered.
For the four-year academic period, the scholarship includes school fees, transportation to and from school, a school kit, and pocket money.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Candidates with special needs and disabilities (physical, hearing, and visual impairments, autism, albinism, learning disabilities, and other conditions)
2. Orphans and vulnerable children
3. Candidates from informal settlements in 15 urban centers.
4. Candidates from the 49 camp-based schools.
5. Candidates whose parents or guardians;
1. KCPE Result Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school)
2. A copy of the death certificate (if the father or mother has passed away).
3. Proof of financial support (if you have received support in the past)
4. Proof of special needs (if you have indicated that you are special needs learner)
5. A copy of a pay slip or bank statement, if your parents or guardians work or own a business.
6. Signed declaration from the applicant's parent or guardian,
7. Birth certificate copy
8. A completed application and recommendation form from the head teacher, the provincial administration, a religious leader, or any other leader.
Note: You will need soft/scanned copies of the above documents to complete the online application process.
The Community Selection Advisory Committees will conduct the interviews for the shortlisted candidates, and they will be accompanied by their parents or guardians.
Completed applications must be submitted online or at the nearest Equity Bank branch, Equity Bank agent, or sub-county Directors of Education offices by 5:00 PM on Monday, January 23.
Tel; +254 763 063 000, 0723286993, or 0723 969793