The results of the 2022 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations have been released today, Friday, January 20, 2023, by Education CS Ezekiel Machogu.
The Education CS released the results at the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) headquarters on Dennis Pritt Road in Nairobi.
A total of 881,416 candidates sat for KCSE examinations with 443,644 being male (50.33%) and 437,772 female (49.69%).
Candidates who scored Grade A were 1,146 while 173,345 candidates scored C+ and above. In a similar way to KCPE results that were released earlier, Education CS Machogu did not read the top ten KCSE candidates' names.
Highlights of 2022 KCSE Results
- 1,146 candidates scored an A Compared to 1,138 in 2021
- Candidates who scored grade A;
- 173,345 candidates scored C+ and above which is the minimum grade for university entry.
Read Also: Top Marketable Courses For Students Who Scored Cs in 2022 KCSE
- The number of candidates with a D+ above was 522,588 (59.14%), up from 442,251 (53.29%) in 2021.
Read Also: Top Courses for Students Who Scored D+, D, and D- in KCSE 2022
- At least 30,000 candidates scored an E in the just-released exams, a reduction from about 40,000 in the 2021 KCSE examination.
- Candidates who scored grade E;
- Male - 18,062
- Female - 12,760
- In the 2022 KCSE examination, 17 subjects significantly improved in performance
- compared to 11 subjects in 2021.
- 14 counties had more male than female candidates in the 2022 KSCE compared to 17 counties in 2021
- KCSE marking began on December 28, 2022, and ended on January 18, 2023.
- The examination Council hired 30,000 examiners from 35 different centers.
How to Check Your 2022 KCSE Results Via SMS
To access your KCSE Results via SMS, simply submit your Index Number followed by the abbreviation KCSE to the number 20076. The SMS platform is available for all mobile networks and will cost Ksh25 per text.
For example, if a candidate's Index Number is 123456789, you will send 123456789KCSE to 20076.
How to Check Your 2022 KCSE Results on KNEC Website
- Log on to the KNEC website with your candidate number and examination year as your login and password.
- Select the "ONLINE-RESULT-SLIP" tab.
- Next, choose "KCSE" from the drop-down list.
- Click "Login" after entering your Index Number.
- The results of your KCSE will be presented on the screen.
The results can be printed at any time via the web portal.