Have you ever heard or read a motivational quote about something, and it sends you right into taking actionable steps? Positive money quotes can trigger something deep within that encourages and pushes you to do or start something regarding your finances.
Inspiring money quotes can serve creativity and help you to see your money from a different angle. Although they are seemingly easy to read and memorize, they are powerful tools to help you unblock the sticky financial nuggets that hinder your growth.
Here are some of the most inspiring quotes that can help you reach your ever-elusive financial goals.
1. “ Too many people spend money they earn to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.” -Will Rogers
Lifestyle inflation, social media, and herd mentality make people do weird things regarding their money. Of course, the opportunities to spend money are inexhaustible.
However, should that push you into spending money to impress people you barely know? If you have to exhaust your savings because of the herd mentality, show off to your friends or neighbors, it won't be long before you compromise your most critical financial goals.
Here's why you need to go slow on the impression game:
Read Also: Money & Me: Are You a People Pleaser?
2. A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart. -Jonathan Swift
Does money have total control over your life?
An unhealthy relationship with money is the reason for bad spending habits. It is also why many people do not have a definite financial plan for their goals, leading to a messy financial life.
Here is how you can overcome this;
3. Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes." - Zig Ziglar
Optimism is necessary for personal, financial, and even business growth. But you can't succeed in any of these without a plan. How do you plan for the worst?
Simply have measures in place to shield for that rainy day. You can create a safety net for when the unexpected comes knocking.
The quote is also about celebrating your successes, no matter how big/small. Share the same success with others.
And finally, if an endeavor doesn't work out as envisioned, carry out the lessons, determine what may have gone wrong, and avoid the same mistakes in the future.
4. The greatest wealth is to live content with little.― Plato
The key to reaching your financial goals is living within your means. Sometimes you might have to live below your means to create room for savings and investments. It's a sure way to reach your financial goals.
Read Also: 13 Tips to Live Cheaply But Not Look Cheap
5. Some of the most beautiful things we have in life come from our mistakes― Surgeo Bell.
Do you still regret the financial blunder you made years ago? Once the tears, pain, shame, and guilt are over, all you have left are the lessons.
You can only gain when you use the lessons learned. Carefully navigate and watch your spending, borrowing, choice of investments, and money management style. The wise thing is to learn from your mistakes so that you don't repeat them in the future.
Read Also: 10 Financial Mistakes Everybody Should Make
6. Most people fail to realize that it's not how much money you make in life. It's how much money you keep; money without financial intelligence is money soon gone- Robert Kiyosaki
For many people, more money equals more expenditure, which can spiral into unhealthy spending habits such as overspending.
How do you avoid harmful money habits amid plenty? It's all about having a water-tight plan to;
Read Also: How To Boost Your Monthly Savings
7. Money does not define success or happiness. In fact, if you are truly effective at what you enjoy, money usually follows your passion. Passion drives interest, which in turn drives focus and commitment. Both qualities are requirements for success- Matt Maloney.
There are several things to learn from this inspirational quote. They include;
8. The fastest way to make money is to solve a problem. The bigger the problem you solve, the more money you make-Steve Siebold
If you want to make money, you'll need to solve a looming problem.
Let's say you establish a business opportunity. The issue is not what buyers will purchase. It is how you can provide value to your customers. The more value you provide, the more business you will receive.
Some quick ways to identify a problem to fix are as follows:
9. On average, millionaires invest 20% of their household income each year. Their wealth isn't measured by the amount they make each year but by how they've saved and invested over time- Ramit Sethi.
Do you wonder how some self-made millionaires got filthy rich and wealthy? Some widespread traits point to a high discipline savings and investments habit. Their stories indicate a few lifestyle changes and a commitment to saving a sure % of their earnings while diversifying their investments to spread risk.
What are some of the lifestyle changes to make to build wealth?
10. Riches do not respond to wishes. They respond only to definite plans, backed by definite desires, through constant persistence- Napoleon Hill.
Knowledge is a crucial component of the financial goal matrix. Any facts, however, can only function with a real action plan and a commitment to carry it through to the end. A realistic budget, for example, is required to track every area of your expenditure in order to meet your financial goals. You should stick to the same budget for as long as it takes to see and enjoy the benefits.
There is something about inspiring quotes that ignites something you already know. The sayings by some of the wealthiest people on the planet can help create a favorable money situation in your life. Reading through them slowly to get a more profound meaning is the trick. Reflect on the quote and act upon it to change your current view concerning money