The Nairobi County government has announced paid internship slots in a number of industries, offering young graduates looking for full-time employment an opportunity.
City Hall has recently announced several job postings on the county's official website, for positions ranging from quantity surveyors to civil engineers, and architects.
The selected applicants shall receive a monthly salary of between Ksh20,000 and Ksh25,000. The contract, however, does not cover housing, risk, or extraneous allowances, thus candidates will be responsible for those expenses.
- Candidates with a Mechanical or Civil Engineering degree will be paid Ksh25,000 per month. While those with a diploma in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering will be paid Ksh20,000 per month
- Candidates with a degree in Architectural engineering/Building technology will be paid Ksh25,000 monthly. While those with a diploma in Building Technology/Architectural engineering will be paid Ksh20,000 monthly.
- The monthly salary for quantity surveyors with a degree will be Ksh25,000, while those with a diploma will be Ksh20,000.
NOTE: All applicants must show proof of the relevant degrees and diplomas.
Application Requirements for the Open Internship Positions
- Applications can ONLY be submitted ONLINE on or before the stipulated deadline.
- Applicants should be Kenyan Citizens.
- Applicants should meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya and will be required to have clearance certificates from EACC, KRA, CRB, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicant must have no prior criminal conviction or pending criminal action.
- Applicants must be physically and medically fit.
How to Apply
If you are eligible and wish to apply;
- Register or log in on the recruitment portal of the County Government of Nairobi website.
- Once you are on the employment webpage, you will be able to read comprehensive information about the numerous openings and internship opportunities.
- Enter the specifics of your training, certifications, employment history (if any), experience, and membership in professional organisations.
Chapter Six of the Constitution, which outlines the integrity and leadership expectations for all public officials, must be met by candidates.
- Submit your application by selecting the apply button next to the vacant post.
All applications should be made on or before March 3rd, 2023.